Dear residents, families, team members and stakeholders,
Seniors, frontline healthcare workers and caregivers across Canada are being vaccinated every day, renewing hope that families will soon be able to safely hug and be near their loved ones for the first time in over a year. As we await the vaccination for our residents and staff – administered on a voluntary basis – we continue to adhere strictly to Ontario health guidelines and laws, to ensure safety for all.
- No visits are permitted during lockdown periods.
- Outside of lockdown periods, visits are limited to one visitor at a time and by appointment, only. Visits take place in either in our outdoor gazebo (summer) or in our chapel (winter), which is located close to the main entrance. Visits are limited to one hour. The area is thoroughly sanitized after any visit.
For Staff And Residents
- A second dining room was created on our third floor, to ensure that residents can remain socially distanced.
- Common areas have been adjusted to ensure social distance between residents, and are thoroughly sanitized throughout the day.
- Staff are trained on use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and hygiene standards.
- Staff are required to use PPE at all times.
- Staff are tested for COVID-19 once every two weeks.
As the global COVID-19 pandemic evolves, we are consulting with local health authorities and continuing to make the safety of our residents and staff our priority.